Public Access for Traditional and Recurve Archers to our 3D Archery Course and Practice Range
Shoot at our 3D archery course and target archery range with your own equipment. Open all year round with self-managed access.
Current Alert Level in Nelson is 2+
All archery adventures are running under specific Covid related H&S protocols. Some online bookings are set to manual confirmation which allows us to manage participant numbers. Please bring a mask to all activities and be prepared to sign-in.
For Archery Battle bookings please contact us to discuss before you book.
Our Online Shop runs normal.
From 3 Dec ’21, in line with the COVID-19 Protection Framework (Traffic Lights), all adventure guests must be fully vaccinated until the guidelines allow a more relaxed approach.
Archery Park is Open for Self-Guided Access
Visit New Zealand's only 3D Field Archery Range with 7 Day Access
- You can visit Archery Park on your own with any traditional or recurve bow. Compounds and Crossbows are not allowed.
- Plan sufficient time! Archery Park has walking access (or you can bring your bike) only for visitors. The Target Range is 500m walk from the Reception and so is the 1st 3D course target.
- Strict access and safety rules apply and access is at your own risk – please read on to understand what is involved.
- We strongly recommend that you carry a first aid kit and a charged cell phone with you.
- How to pay: See next section.
How to use the Archery Facilities on your own?
- Find the Archery Park info board in the window of the Cable Bay Adventure Park reception
- Read the rules and regulations to make sure you can shoot (see section below).
- Have a quick chat to a Adventure Park reception staff member to check that there isn’t an event or other risks stopping you from accessing the 3D course. Access to the practice range should always be possible.
- Purchase your ticket from the website link written on the board (you can also use a QR code scanner to go directly to the ticket page). Or click here to pay for your ticket now: https://archerypark.nz/selfguided
- Snap a photo of the current map so you don’t get lost.
Important Safety Rules
Archery Equipment, Park Access and Safety Rules
A lot of effort and time has been spent to make Archery Park as enjoyable and safe as possible. The 3D archery course follows all safety regulations of the IFAA. But in the end it all comes down to you. Please read and understand all our safety rules.
At each visit you are required to sign in at the Cable Bay Adventure Park using the digital sign-in station. They will remember your name and details, so the 2nd visit will be a lot quicker.
Not following any of the rules may result in an immediate ban with no refund given!
Check if you can use your archery equipment. If you can’t, we do have rental gear available.
- Only longbows and recurves are allowed.
- Arrows must have field or target points.
- Bows must not exceed 60lbs @ 28” draw weight.
- Compound bows, crossbows, arrows with broadheads etc. are not allowed.
Emergencies & Issues
Carry a 1st Aid kit with you. Cell phone reception is good in most areas. The Adventure Park reception can be called on 03-545 0304, Archery Park can be called on: 03-398 8043.
Report any damage, issues or accidents immidiately to us.
Getting to Archery Park Nelson
Archery Park is only a 15-minute drive from Nelson Central. We’re located at Cable Bay Adventure Park on 194 Cable Bay Road, Nelson.
Drive 14km north from Nelson City towards Picton. Turn left into Cable Bay Road at the sign posts Cable Bay. We are 2 km down Cable Bay Road on the right-hand side – look for the Archery Park Flag and the Cable Bay Adventure Park sign.