Archery Lessons at Archery Park Nelson
Come out to Archery Park Nelson for a casual drop-in and get an introduction into archery and your first archery lesson.
Every Sunday we have a casual drop-in session. Our NZFAA certified archery coach will be on site and will give you a brief introduction and provide you with all the gear required. We will gladly point out how you can improve your technique.
- Archery lessons according to NZFAA best practise
- Rent all the archery gear required
- No previous experience needed
- Certified archery coach on site
- Try archery with no pressure
Costs: $30 per Person for ca. 45mins
> Have your own gear? Want a place to practise archery? Scroll down for more information!
> You can hire us for a birthday party too! Keep on reading for more!
Opening times for Have-a-Go at Archery
Every Sunday: 10:00am to 12.30pm (unless it rains!).
Check our Facebook page for latest weather updates (Click here).
Last admission: 11.45am.
NOTE: Special Have-A-Go session on 29 December 2019 from 10am to 3pm!
Please give us a call to discuss individual Have-A-Go bookings outside of our regular times: 03-398 8043.
Book us for your Archery Birthday Party!
Experience a special event for a young Katniss Everdeen or Robin Hood
Book our practise range for your birthday party and have fun learning archery.
- Party guests will enjoy learning archery under supervision of an experienced and certified archery coach
- Shoot with real longbows and real arrows at real targets
- Experience the thrill to shoot at our special fun targets
- Play archery games and have a friendly competition
Prices for birthday archery activities start at $240 for ca. 2 hours of archery with up to 6 kids. Each extra kid will be $30, with a maximum group size of 12.
What you need to take care off
We will require your presence and help to supervise the kids. You may also want to bring a few small snacks and drinks.
Book your archery birthday party now!
Also check out our Battle Archery game.
Archery Range Lane Hire
You got your own archery gear? Are you looking for a place to practise archery? Come and join us!
Currently we have 40m, 30m, 25m and 18m targets. Two 3D archery targets are at 20m and 18m. 10m and 15m will be added soon.
Join us during the opening times of Have-A-Go.
Please note the following conditions:
- No Compound bows, no crossbows
- No bows over 60lbs @ 28″
- No broadheads – only field and target points allowed
- All rules for safe behaviour as displayed at the range are to be followed by every archer
Costs: $20 per Person with their own equipment for as long as we’re open.
Or you can vsisit our 3D archery range: Click here for more