Glue-On Sphere Field Point for Wooden Arrows
This is a conical glue-on field point made and designed by the German brand Sphere. They are precision turned and close in weight.
These points are getting a consist 5-star rating and are used by many Field Archery Champions in Germany. Lastly they are well priced.
Note: 125grn is the standard weight to match the wooden arrow shaft spine system – so for simplicity we opted to only sell this single weight.
- 125grn weight
- 5/16 or 11/32 shaft diameter
- Precision designed and manufactured in Germany
- Cone glue on point
How to Glue an Arrow Point onto a Wooden Shaft
This is the best and cheapest way to glue an arrow point on to your traditional wooden arrow. Tested over decades and confirmed by thousands of archers.
- Take the long edge of an arrow cone shaper and form the cone on your wooden arrow.
- Wipe out the inside of the arrow point with some Aceton on a cotton bud to get rid of any oily residues from the manufacturing process.
- Scrape the inside with some very rough sandpaper (60 grit or less)
- Cut of a ca. 2mm slice from a hot glue stick, cut it in half and stick it inside the point.
- Heat up the point either over a gas flame, with a gas torch or over an alcohol burner. Don’t use a candle or you get soot inside!
- Once the glue is melted push your shaft in. Let any air escape (this is a sign that it was a little bit too hot).
- Once the point is nearly cool peel off any excess glue. At this stage it comes off very easily without leaving a mark, but won’t burn you.
Hot glue gives and so absorbs impact. And you can easily recover the points by just warming the point up to remove it from any broken arrow shafts.